Thursday, December 23, 2010

Sidlakang Negros' Bamboo and Nipa Huts









I again dropped by Dumaguete on my way to Siquijor island.

Here's a glimpse of the environment friendly huts of Sidlakang Negros and eateries by the sea.

I so love the vibe of the place and the sea breeze at Rizal Boulevard.

Did you know that, of all the provinces in the Philippines, Negros island comes close to Cebu in terms of topography, ICT facilities, creative bent, geographic location and potential for economic success ?

If there is going to be a newly emerged BPO destination after Cebu, it will be Negros Island.

2 comments:

  1. I did not know how to contact you, so I am leaving you my email here.
    Jason, tigerllc74@gmail.com

    I wanted to find hiking places close to Cebu city. I will be living near Ayala and IT Park.

    A quick weekend 3-4-5 hrs hikes within 30-60 hrs from Cebu.

    Thanks for your help.
    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Jason, I'm not really an experienced mountaineer or trekker but the most famous route is the one to Kawasan Falls, near Badian. You can go right across the breadth of the island, by starting in Dalaguete. From there head to Barangay Mantalongon, then start hiking towards OsmeƱa Peak, and on towards Badian. It will take you the whole day.

    You may want to get in touch with mountaineering or trekking clubs in Cebu. I'm not a member of one but those who sell trekking and mountaineering outfits such as Habagat in SM City Cebu would know.

    ReplyDelete