Monday, March 1, 2010

Balamban Town Center


 I started traveling towards Balamban town center at 10:30 in the morning, distracted and anxious about my trip to Iloilo and Bacolod since i'd be arriving at night. I was worried about how I'm going to manage during the four days of the holy week in places I wasn't yet familiar.





I don't know what got into me, but when I saw the low, low fares Cebu Pacific Airlines offered I grabbed it. Someday I would have to change the title of my blog to "Walk Philippines." I have an inkling that I'd be traveling more often outside Cebu on weekends. And maybe who knows, when I retire, I'd be able to circumnavigate the world... ha.. ha ha..

In the meantime Balamban. Judging by the look of its gleaming, new municipal hall, this small town has become a bit more prosperous this year. I bought a piece of their famous pork liempo --- the original Balamban liempo, yummy! It tastes like Cebu's lechon baboy without much of the fat. I ate this for lunch along with "utan" (native vegetables) at their Food Mart which is a few steps away from the bayside.

There's also their town plaza overlooking the sea. Its not exactly like the bayside area of Dumaguete City, but still attractive. The town has a vibrant public market teeming with vendors and shoppers.

I took the Citilink V-hire GT Express to Balamban near the South Bus Terminal. I paid Php 100.00 fare.

it seems that the GT Express has become as ubiquitous as the jeepney in this part of Cebu. The vans ply the routes that jeepneys or buses do not usually take.

No comments:

Post a Comment