Monday, April 5, 2010

Iloilo-Guimaras-Bacolod-Silay


Four places in four days.  I originally didn't plan to take a marathon tour of four places in the Philippines during the holy week break.  However, the Cebu Promo rates were hard to resist. 

So last week, I took a plane to Iloilo on Holy Thursday, rode a pumpboat to Guimaras on Good Friday, hopped on a fast ferry to Bacolod on Black Saturday and finally reached Silay via jeepney on Easter Sunday.  That is a short summary of my adventure last week. 


It seems like I was breezing through the whole experience.
  In  reality, it wasn't really that simple. The summer heat was oppressive, which made walking the streets uncomfortable.  I had to take paracetamol at one point to ease my headache. Still, I had one of the most satisfying and fulfilling travel experience.

Breakdown of my expenses is as follows:

Air fare (Cebu Iloilo) - Php 850
Air fare (Bacolod-Cebu) - Php 1,015
Pumpboat (Iloilo-Guimaras) - Php 15 x 2 = 30
Fast Ferry (Iloilo- Bacolod) - Php 250
Ong Bun Pension House (Iloilo) -  Php 350

Small Wings Pension (Guimaras) -  Php 300
LD Pension (Bacolod) - Php 550

Land transportation - Php 276

TOTAL                                Php  3,071 (excluding lunch, dinner and pasalubong)

2 comments:

  1. do you have a contact number of small wings pension house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a travel.. around how much did you spend for your trip in 4 days in total? I'm planning for a vacation this December after Christmas with my friends and I want to run an estimate ahead..thanks! ~Cagayan de Oro map

    ReplyDelete