Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Walking Adventure



















I bought a Metro Cebu map last weekend, September 20. I needed to plan my route on foot from Tisa to Ayala Center in Lahug.

I discovered a few short cuts such as from La Paloma Mart to V. Rama Avenue, passing through Bliss and Cattleya roads which is more of a footpath lined with ramshackle houses. What makes this trip interesting is the number of street dogs in the area. I had to run away from one ferocious mutt, nearly tripping over a dirty puddle of water. And up ahead was this drunk bloke at a small carenderia (yes, drunk early in the morning) coming towards me. I slipped through a tight maze of decript dwellings. I got lost in a human mass in the squatters area. Two hours later the pathway opened to B. Rodrogues Avenue.

I arrived at the Banco De Oro ATM to withdraw some money before proceeding to J. Osmena street down to Queen's road where I ate at the KFC restaurant. Then off to F. Sotto Drive and to Archbishop Reyes Avenue where I found the Cebu Business Park. I've walked around three kilometers. It took me four hours to reach my destination, that includes stopping for lunch and snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment