Thursday, September 24, 2009

La Paloma Mart to SM City Cebu on my B-day











I didn't know if I would have the stamina to walk from my house to SM City Cebu which is more than 5 kilometers ! I realized after three hours that I could actually accomplish my goal.. When you train your body to walk every day even for short trips, walking gets easier. Each week I got more ambitious and lengthened the distance of my walk.

Last Wednesday, I walked my longest route so far; I discovered two short-cuts though and learned to appreciate "road food" (carenderia specialties)... he..he..he. My favorite stops for relieving myself are McDonalds and KFC. They have the cleanest public CRs.

These past few days I haven't touched my books. Wow, road sceneries have taken over my attention. I read somewhere that walking is not only an effective aerobic exercise, it also helps manage stress and temporarily helps one forget office worries. To think it doesn't cost me anything. I just have to make sure though that my lungs don't get clogged up with phlegm which is a problem for most asthmatics like me.

I don't walk at night for security reasons, I just took these photos here before taking a jeepney. I just like looking at lighted office buildings. It makes me remember my law school days when I would stay up late at night studying.








No comments:

Post a Comment