Wednesday, May 26, 2010

6 hours at Sugbutel

An unpretentious place, Sugbutel follows the capsule hotel concept popular in Japan. They have bunk beds with curtains for privacy. 

At a price of Php 250.00, shower and comfort rooms are shared.  Bed sheets and blankets can be had for a few more pesos.
Sugbutel at the north reclamation has centralized airconditioner, a convenience shop, laundry shop, internet cafe, canteen and food stalls.  There's an entertainment lounge with free wireless and internet connection.

I just stayed in this place for 6 hours.  I had to get away from the heat at the polling place during election day.  The cubicle where I was in had around four bunk beds with curtains.  When I went in, there were two teens talking in low voices about their exam results.

The bed Sugbutel gave me was covered in dark brown leather.  I felt I like I was lying down on a sofa.  But the room temperature was cool enough for six hours of sleep. For overnights, I don't think I would be recommending this place unless you're really short on cash. 

Although staff are smiling, you get this feeling of uncongeniality.  It probably has something to do with the ambience.  Sugbutel is located near the seaport area, and so staff have advised lodgers not to roam outside at night.  There have been incidents there of hold-up.  The area is OK during the day though.

Owing to its very low room rate and walking distance to one of the largest shopping malls in the country SM City, Sugbutel is usually fully booked during the Sinulog season.

No comments:

Post a Comment