Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Forest Camp Resort


I was in Valencia, Negros Oriental the other week and went straight to the Forest Camp Resort via tricycle.  I went there at the spur of the moment.

I originally went to Negros for Dumaguete. I wanted to experience its laid back charm and delicious cuisine. I needed a quick vacation and Dumaguete seems to fit the bill.  But when I dropped by the tourism office and read one of their brochures, I got curious about the camp which is in nearby Valencia.



I called the proprietor asking for directions and inquired about transportation.  And before 7:30 in the morning I checked out of Bethel Guest House and hopped on a tricycle outside the hotel to Forest Camp Resort. I paid Php 150 to the driver for the one way trip.

The camp is just around 2.5 hectares; smaller than Cebu's Kan-irag Nature Park. But this relaxing hideaway makes the most of small area's natural charm with its river fed pools, hanging bridge, brooks, farm animals (geese, birds etc), and quaint cottages for rent.
If you happen to be living or visiting oriental Negros, try dropping by the camp. I do encourage nature tripping for everyone. It is definitely better than malling.

Getting to Dumaguete is easy: You can either take the plane, fast craft or the slow boat. I prefer the slow boat which leaves at 7:00 in the evening and arrives early morning.   Not only is the slow boat cheap (I took the economy which costs Php 300.00), it also allows me to sleep throughout the trip.  Moreover, pier 1 docking area is just near my office.  So after office hours, I can immediately sail away.

No comments:

Post a Comment