Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Walking around Dumaguete

Why Dumaguete?  Why not?!  It's near Cebu and is not as overdone as Bohol with regards to tourism promotion. I'm assured that there won't be hordes of visitors when I arrive at the seaport.
 

I was not disappointed. Dumaguete's Rizal boulevard is a welcoming sight.  Its attractive promenade is immediately visible when the Cokaliong vessel which I rode arrived at the port.   From the white lamp posts lining up the stretch and trees swaying in the sea breeze, I was quickly taken in by this provincial charm.



I actually liked riding the tricycle down the boulevard towards Bethel Guest House where I was billeted at 3:50 in the morning. Despite being a medium-sized city, Dumaguete has none of the frenzy of Cebu or Iloilo. The city remains peaceful thoughout the day.

I especially liked taking my breakfast at the cafeteria overlooking the acacia trees and the sea. There is something consoling about watching early morning joggers while sipping cold tea and soya milk.  It feels like everything is right with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment