Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Kan-Irag Nature Park and Taoist Temple


























When your job entails sitting in the office on most days and staring at a computer, you'd naturally want to go outdoors on weekends. That's exactly what I did on January 9 and 10. I guess that started it on January 1 when I spent my New Year's day at the Mountain View Nature Park. It was fun! I should do this often throughout the year 2010.

I visited the Kan-irag Nature Park on January 9 and Taoist Temple on January 10.

Kan-irag, aaah....the terrain reminded me of the setting in the book "Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins. Love walking in this man-made forest... fresh air and mother nature. Finally, we have a real nature park in Cebu... Thanks Ayala. Ayala land donated the 70 hectares lot after they realized that the area is part of Cebu's watershed. Good thinking, guys!

For those of you interested in visiting this park, check-out my other blog: http://diarypublisher.blogspot.com/

I got to use my hiking boots which I bought at a discount and locally made sandals cum rubber shoes "Sandugo brand" (This shoes can be turned to sandals or flip-flops) with water drainage feature.

The man in the pictures is my guide, by the way, not me. He was panting and wheezing on the way up, not me (ha...ha..ha..my diet of tea leaves must be working).

As for the Taoist Temple, a popular tourist spot, it was a long overdue visit. The climb of 100 steps to the temple did not pose a problem to me. I like this better than walking the treadmill (boring). Hiking is definitely more pleasurable than working-out at the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment