Friday, January 29, 2010

Hiking at the Trans-central Highway











Clean air, cool breeze and lush scenery. Those are what await me at one of my favorite places --- the mountains flanking the trans-central highway.

Yes, the mountains of Talamban and Cebu city are now among my regular hang-outs. It's definitely better than gallivanting at the city malls or staring catatonic at the television screen. The best part is that the trans-central highway is just 20 minutes from my house. Despite its distance, Cebu's mountain feels like a different country, especially when the fog (yes, the fog regularly appears at dusk) starts to appear at mid-day and temperature starts to drop; very difficult to imagine in a tropical island, right?

I enjoy talking to farmers selling sweet corn and vegetables by the roadside, absorbing the peaceful scenery at one of Balamban's mountain resorts, hiking on the nearly deserted highway and taking a simple lunch at a quaint store made of thatched nipa. These uncomplicated activities allow me to get my mind off office work --- something very important for me.

I really have to thank God for my good fortune. I am lucky enough to be living just minutes away from the sea and the mountains.

1 comment:

  1. does anybody can tell me where can I find a dirt trail to hike and run near Sibonga Cebu?
    Thank you

    Victor

    ReplyDelete